Machine Shop Services
- Define Scope: Will shop be for prototyping, production or research? What is the project’s size, budget and timing?
- Source Machines: Research and select new and used machines to achieve shop objectives while staying within budget.
- Layout: Design a functional shop in CAD with necessary utilities, proper machine placement, safety and buffer zones.
- Tooling: Advise on tooling to optimize each machine’s productivity; build custom tool libraries.
- Take Shop Live: Install and test machines; on-site coordination of riggers, electricians, plumbers and other trades.
- Education: Develop training curricula to guide staff on safe/proper machine use.
- Customize: Create innovative tooling and fixtures, designed and manufactured by our in-house prototyping team.
Machine Shop Set-Up Process
Finalize machine selection
Create 3D model of space and machines
Complete machine specifications
Use 3D models and paper footprints to deliver optimal, efficient shop, per client’s goals
Architects begin permitting process once layout is established
Specify final machine tooling and accessories
Spec, order, fabricate and install storage options:
• Hand tools, including foam cutouts in tool drawers
• Cutting tools and bits
Design and fabricate custom shop accessories:
• Welding fixtures
• Machine shielding
APROE creates custom classes, taught at your facility, to satisfy specific needs of various stakeholders:
• Risk Management/EHS
• Shop Managers
• Machine users