Advanced Prototype Engineering (“APROE”) is a San Francisco prototyping company with a unique specialty in the design and creation of high-end Research & Development facilities. We have excellent working relationships with some of the most prominent technology companies and design firms in the Bay Area.
We are currently searching for a Senior Architect to manage our R&D facilities division, overseeing a team of ten Project Managers, CAD Specialists, and Researchers to ensure the successful completion of our facilities projects. This is unlike a typical architecture position, and involves hands-on work in the design and build-out of client facilities, with an emphasis on the equipment in the space and how people interact with it. The ideal candidate is an experienced Senior Architect with demonstrated success managing numerous large-scale projects — critical skills include the ability to rapidly integrate into ongoing projects; provide relevant insights and guidance with brief familiarization; and stay on top of many quickly-moving targets.
Amazing written and verbal communication skills are also essential for this role. In addition, candidates should possess years of knowledge, experience, and multiple completed-projects at an architectural firm; as well as deep working knowledge of every aspect of new-facility realization, from the planning stages through to Final Delivery of Building.
- Meeting with internal Project Managers, CAD specialists, and Researchers to provide guidance on key decision and communication points
- Attending client meetings and establishing and managing communication lines between Architects, Client User Groups, General Contractors, Sub Contractors, and Equipment Vendors
- Creating and managing Gantt charts to track and manage internal resources for projects
- Tracking budgets and timelines while juggling multiple other tasks and prioritizing accordingly
- Management and review of architectural drawing sets to meet client deadlines
- Management, creation, and oversight of our internal machine database and client shared tracking spreadsheets
- Creating, editing, and sending proposals for new client projects
APROE seeks candidates that closely align with our culture — upbeat and communicative, drama-averse, self-starting, self-directing, and eager to learn. This is a critical role for our organization, reporting jointly to the President and the Director, and a good fit is particularly important to us. This a salaried, full time position with benefits. APROE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in senior level architecture
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Drive, and generally tech savvy
- Exceptional command of English language, including technical nomenclature
- Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
- Proficient with Autodesk Revit
- Ability to travel by car and air
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to pick up 50 pounds
- Ability to walk around, including climbing stairs, and navigating various stages of construction
Knowledge of machine tools, varied industrial utilities, and product testing equipment is a plus.
Please reply through the email address listed below. Attach your resume and include a short cover letter within the body of the email. Make the subject line: “[Your last name]: Senior Project Manager” (so, if your last name is “Smith”, the subject line should read “Smith: Senior Project Manager”). Your reply must meet this criteria in order to be opened and reviewed. Due to the expected volume of applicants, not all submissions will receive a reply.
Applicant email address: firstname.lastname@example.org