Advanced Prototype Engineering (“APROE”) is a San Francisco-based company focused on prototyping, with a specialty in the design and creation of Research & Development (R&D) facilities. We have relationships with some of the most prominent Bay Area tech and design firms. We are currently searching for a Project Manager to help in the design and creation of these facilities.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Project Manager with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The Project Manager will be a conduit of information between APROE, clients, machine vendors, architects, MEP engineers, general contractors, riggers, etc. He/she will track budgets and timelines while juggling multiple other tasks, prioritizing accordingly. He/she will need to be able to integrate into projects that are already under way and provide relevant guidance after only a short period of familiarization. The type of work is varied enough to require reliance on a number of experts for guidance. Candidates must be strong in communicating with various parties to gather, synthesize, and transmit relevant pieces of information in a professional and efficient manner. APROE is a small company, so the ability to switch gears and think on one’s feet is key. Knowledge of construction processes, architectural design, as well as shop- and laboratory-equipment is required.
The Project Manager will require Revit modeling experience to be able to quickly provide drawings when requested by a client. More detailed CAD work is done by one of our CAD specialists who will work directly with the Project Manager to complete large deliverables. This position will be responsible for ensuring client deliverables are complete and have been checked for content accuracy and detail.
APROE seeks candidates that are upbeat and communicative, drama averse, self-starting, self-directing, and eager to learn. The candidate must be equally comfortable in a shop and client development setting. The Project Manager reports to the Facility Setup Manager, and will be part of a team of 2-3 other Project Managers and CAD specialists all working together on a shared project. This job is full time with a competitive hourly rate. APROE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Track budgets and timelines
- Be able to speak comfortably with MEP engineers and architects
- Conduct machine research speaking with vendors and other machine experts
- Use APROE’s FileMaker database to track research efforts
- Coordinate with architects, engineers, client stake-holders, and APROE teammates regarding matters of construction, purchasing, installation, timeline, and budget
- Create and coordinate CAD models of machines and buildings using internal resources
- Be a conduit of information between machine vendors, architects, MEP engineers, and the client
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management
- Architectural degree, or equivalent related facility development experience
- High level proficiency in creating, editing, and checking architectural drawing sets
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Autodesk Revit
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Drive, and generally tech savvy
- Strong command of English language, including technical nomenclature
- Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
- Ability to travel by car and air
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to pick up 50 pounds
- Ability to walk around, including climbing stairs, and navigating various stages of construction
Please reply through the email address listed below. Attach your resume and include a short cover letter within the body of the email. Make the subject line: “[Your last name]: Project Manager” (so, if your last name is “Gillespie”, the subject line should read ” Gillespie: Project Manager”). Your reply must meet this criteria in order to be opened and reviewed. Due to the expected volume of applicants, not all submissions will receive a reply.
Applicant email address: firstname.lastname@example.org