APROE is a San Francisco prototyping company, with a unique specialty: we design and create advanced R&D facilities for some of the Bay Area’s most-prominent tech companies. We are currently searching for a Revit Specialist to help in the design and creation of machine shops.
The Revit Specialist will assist in creating three dimensional representations of machine shops in Revit. The Revit specialist should ideally also have experience in another CAD package such as Solidworks. The role involves using an architect-supplied building model and adding hundreds of APROE “machine models” to create a detailed representation of the space. It will also involve creating new machine models for items we do not currently have in our library. The Revit Specialist will work with project managers to determine where the models should go and to determine what is needed in the space. The final output will be a series of annotated drawings that include relevant tags, utility data and notes. The Revit Specialist will make use of established templates to create the drawings and go through a multi step review and revision process before drawings are submitted.
The Revit Specialist must be comfortable working in a team and taking direction from a number of different voices. He or she must also be comfortable working within the provided drawing formats in order to match a presentation style that is already being utilized. When creating new machine models, the Revit Specialist will work with manufacturers drawings or brochures that will be provided by project managers. The person in this role should be prepared to do basic online research to answer any questions about those models. The position will occasionally require visiting a job site and measuring a machine in order to collect the specifications needed for creating a model of a new machine.
APROE is a small company, so the ability to think on one’s feet is key. Knowledge of construction, architecture, and equipment are a plus. APROE seeks candidates that are upbeat and communicative, drama averse, self-starting, self-directing, and eager to learn. The candidate must be equally comfortable in a shop and client development setting. The Revit Specialist will report to the Project Lead, and will be part of a team of 3-5 other Project Managers, Researchers, and CAD specialists all working together on a shared project. This is a contract position that will be part time to full time, depending on project demands. The position will be active for the duration of the project, with a competitive hourly rate. There is the potential for this to extend into a full time position based on project demands. APROE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Create project files that merge architect-supplied building files with internal machine
families contained in our library
- Create new families for machines that are not contained in our library
- Work with project managers to create layouts of various floors in the project file
Create sheets for individual machine families utilizing an existing template
- Create sheets that show overall layout and utility schematics utilizing an existing
template and adhering to an established format
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience working with Revit in a professional environment
- Adobe Creative Suite experience and/or experience with another CAD package is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Drive, and generally tech savvy
- Strong command of English language, including technical nomenclature
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- Experience with architectural design and/or the construction industry a plus
- COVID Vaccination
- Ability to work-from-home and in-person
- Ability to travel by car and air
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to pick up 50 pounds
- Ability to negotiate construction sites in various stages of completion, including stairs and other obstacles.
Please apply for this position through LinkedIn: