APROE is a San Francisco-based company specializing in the setup of high-end Research & Development Facilities and in creating and implementing training programs within those facilities. Located in Potrero Hill, our facility includes a full machine shop, and offers an informal work environment. We have relationships with some of the most prominent Bay Area tech and design firms.
The ideal candidate is an experienced technical writer who has written and copy edited documents in a professional setting. The candidate should have experience in a shop environment and be familiar with machine tools from either metal or wood shops. It would be preferred if the candidate has experience writing about machine tools. They should be highly organized with good research skills and the ability to gather facts from existing documentation about the tools. They must be able to use an existing style guide to write in a voice that is consistent with other written content.
Tasks will include:
- Writing about machine tools in a simple straightforward format that is consistent with content created by other writers on the team.
- Working with the provided background material to inform content, and/or searching for additional material online.
- Certain assignments will require physically familiarizing oneself with a machine tool.
This is a project-based position, and generally does not require an onsite presence.
APROE seeks candidates that are upbeat, communicative, drama-averse, eager to learn, and who get things done.
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience in a shop environment
- Highly detail-oriented
- Must be proficient in Adobe InDesign
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop a plus
- Ability to work on an APROE virtual computer
Email your application to email@example.com. Attach your resume and include a short cover letter within the body of the email. Make the subject line: “[Your last name]: Technical Writer” (so, if your last name is “Gillespie”, the subject line should read ” Gillespie: Technical Writer”). Your reply must meet this criteria in order to be opened and reviewed. Due to the expected volume of applicants, not all submissions will receive a reply