APROE is a San Francisco prototyping company, with a unique specialty in the design and creation of advanced R&D facilities. We work with some of the Bay Area’s most prominent tech and design companies. We are currently searching for a Project Manager to help in our facility setup operations. The ideal candidate is an experienced Project Manager with outstanding written, verbal, and visual communication skills. The Project Manager needs to be an efficient conduit of information between disparate stakeholders including: clients, architects, MEP engineers, general contractors, riggers, machine vendors, etc. You’re a flexible, quick-thinker, able to integrate into projects that are already under way and provide relevant guidance after a short period of familiarization. Our subject matter is varied enough to require reliance on a number of experts for guidance — but familiarity with construction processes, architectural design, shop tools, and laboratory equipment is required. You will work directly with our CAD specialist to ensure the timely, accurate completion of detailed, and complex deliverables. The ideal candidate is familiar with CAD and is comfortable opening, viewing and making minor edits to CAD drawings. You are upbeat and communicative, drama-averse, self-starting, self-directing, and eager to learn. You should be equally comfortable in the shop, the office, the worksite, and in client-facing opportunities. This position reports to the Facility Setup Manager, and will be part of a team of 3-4 other Project Managers and CAD specialists all working together on several shared projects. This is a full-time position with a competitive hourly rate. We think the diversity of our team makes us stronger, and we encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
● Track budgets and timelines while juggling multiple other tasks, prioritizing accordingly .
● Coordinate rapidly changing details regarding construction, purchasing, installation, timeline, and budget.
● Conduct and oversee machine-research, speaking with vendors and other machine experts. ● Track research efforts using APROE’s templates and tools.
● Coordinate CAD models of machines and buildings using internal resources.
● Facilitate communications between machine vendors, architects, MEP engineers, and the client
● Minimum 2 years experience in Project Management
● Architectural training, or equivalent facility-development experience
● High level proficiency in creating, editing, and checking architectural drawing sets
● Basic familiarity with Autodesk Revit is a plus
● Proficient in MS Office, Google Suite, Adobe Acrobat (experience with Adobe Creative Suite / Bluebeam a plus).
● Excellent command of the spoken and written word, including technical terms and jargon.
● Ability to travel by car and air.
● Ability to stand for long periods of time.
● Ability to pick up 50 pounds.
● Ability to negotiate construction sites in various stages of completion, including stairs and other obstacles.
To Apply: Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org by attaching your resume and including a short cover letter within the body of the email. Make the subject line: “[Your last name]: Project Manager” (so, if your last name is “Gillespie”, the subject line should read ” Gillespie: Project Manager”). Your reply must meet these criteria in order to be opened and reviewed. Due to the expected volume of applicants, not all submissions will receive a reply.