Last Revision Date: July 15, 2021
“Affiliated” or “Affiliate” means a non-individual Person which controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, another Person. Control, for this purpose, means holding over 50% of the voting equity interests of an entity.
“APROE”, “Us” or “We” means the seller of the Products and Services – Advanced Prototype Engineering LLC, a California limited liability company.
“APROE Service Quote Engine” or simply “Engine”, means the online interface, through which you provide all necessary details surrounding the Product or Services You seek, in response to which the Engine produces a Quote for your consideration.
“Cookies” are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are widely used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. “Cookies” may also refer to other technologies We use, including identifiers associated with Your device, data We may store on your web browser or device, or other software for a similar purpose.
“Customer,” “You,” or “Your” means the Person purchasing the parts and/or Services from APROE.
“Party” means either You or APROE.
“Payment Platform” means the Third-Party Service (with which We are not Affiliated) We use to process payments You make to Us for Products and Services You purchase.
“Person” means an individual, corporation, partnership, limited liability company, limited partnership, and any other association, profit or nonprofit, and all individuals who hold themselves out to Us as possessing an ability to legally bind the Person to this Agreement.
“Personal Data” means any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual, including Usage Data, which may or may not be PII.
“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII” means information that, when used alone or with other relevant data, can identify an individual.
“Product” means the tangible item produced for You as a result of our agreement to provide You with our Services.
“Third-Party Service” means Persons other than Us, which We use or pay to perform services related to our Site, facilitate Your payment to Us, to assist Us in analyzing how Our Site is used, to process data for us, or for other services not without Our expertise.
“Services” means the services provided by APROE to You, as requested by you through submission on aproe.com, including, but not limited to, waterjet cutting services, machining services, deburring, bending, threading, welding, and finishing.
“Site” or “Website” means “aproe.com” and all content appearing in associated landing pages on the Site. When we refer to Your “use” of the Site, we are referring to Your general access to its content, and your interface with our APROE Service Quote Engine.
“Social Media” means any third-party social media website or platform through which a user can log in or create an account to use the Social Media service by creating a profile, or posting or reviewing audio-visual content.
“Usage Data” refers to data which is collected automatically, either produced in connection with Your use of the Site or from the Site’s infrastructure itself (e.g., which pages You visit, and for how long).
Data we collect from you
- Information You Provide. We collect the personal data you provide when You use our Site or otherwise interact with Us, such as when you contact Us by phone or email. When You purchase our Products or Services, We collect personal data in connection with Your purchase, to include your name, contact information, and shipping details. Our Payment Platform also collects personal information from You, including your credit or debit card number and other information, and account and authentication information.
- Data About Your Use of the Site and our Products and Services. When You visit our Site, we may collect data about the type of device being used by You, your device’s unique identifier, the IP address of Your device, Your operating system, the type of Internet browser you use, usage information, diagnostic information, and location information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices on which You access our Products, Services or content. Where available, We may use your IP address and other technologies to determine a device’s approximate location, which may allow Us to improve Our Products and Services.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Principally, we use Your Personal Data to communicate with You, to develop and improve our Products and Services, to tailor announcements and advertisements for You, and to Protect Us and our Customers. Subject to your ability to opt out, or with your prior consent (depending upon the context), We may use Your Personal Data in any of the following ways:
- To Communicate With You.
- To appropriately respond to Your requests when You contact Us.
- To communicate with You about orders You have placed, when technical questions arise concerning the successful completion of your job, when shipping is expected, or when an order is ready for local pickup.
- To provide You with news, special offers or information about other Products or Services We may offer based on Your prior purchases, inquiries or communications You have had with Us.
- To notify You when a payment is due.
- To personalize Your experience with our Site, Products and Services.
- To notify You if We think Your privacy has been compromised, if it is plausible to do so.
- To send You marketing communications with respect to Our Products and Services.
- To Develop, Improve, and Offer Our Products and Services.
- To help Us develop, improve and offer Our Products and Services.
- To help Us with our marketing and advertising (e.g., data analysis, research and auditing).
- To facilitate a promotion We may offer, the promotion may have its own unique rules, which you should read carefully.
- For Protection and Security.
- To assist Us in verifying user activity.
- To monitor suspicious or potentially illegal or fraudulent activity.
- To help ensure the safety of Our Products and Services.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose Your Personal Data for any of the following reasons:
- Law Enforcement. In our good faith belief that We are required to do so in response to legal process or other requests by federal, state or local authorities.
- General Legal. In our good faith belief that We need to in order to protect Ourselves against liability or claims, defend Our rights or assets, or to satisfy a legal obligation.
- Safety or Wrongdoing. To protect Your safety or the public in general, or to stop, prevent or investigate wrongdoing with respect to the use of Our Site.
- Strategic Partners. We may make certain Personal Data available to strategic partners who work with Us to help us provide our Products and Services or to help Us market to Our Customers. Personal Data will only be shared by Us with these companies in order to provide or improve our Products, Services, and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes without Your prior express consent.
- Business Transaction. In connection with a merger, reorganization, acquisition, equity, asset purchase or sale, or financing transaction with which We are involved. In such a case, different privacy policies may apply to Your Personal Data.
- Service Providers.We may share Your Personal Data with Third-Party Services, to monitor and analyze the use of our Site, to contact You, or for payment processing.
- Social Media. If You interact with other users or register through a Social Media service, Your contacts on that service may see Your name, profile, any audio-visual content you post, and a description of Your activity on the service. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
How Long do We Keep Your Personal Data?
Payments Made to Us
In particular, Cookies permit us to:
- Recognize You when you return to the Site.
- Store information about Your preferences so that we might tailor the Site and/or our Services to your particular interests.
- Estimate our user numbers and usage patterns.
- Perform analytics.
- To continually improve our Products and Services
Your mobile device may give you the ability to opt out of the use of information about the apps you use in order to serve you ads that are targeted to your interests. You can also stop the collection of location information from Your mobile device by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
Our Site and Our Products and Services are not targeted to anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We will take immediate steps to remove that information from wherever We have it stored. We also may limit how We collect, use, and store some of the information of users between 13 and 18 years old. In some cases, this means We will be unable to provide certain functionality of the Service to these users.
- Headings. Headings are purely for your Convenience, and in no way suggest the entirety of content contained under a certain heading title.